Common & Scientific Names of Cacti & Other Succulents
Field Trips and Tours
Pictures of Cacti
Statae Plant of TEXAS
Basic Tuna Jelly
2 cups Tuna (prickly pear) juice.
5 level tablespoons Psyllium.
1) Bring the juice to a boil and let cool. (this is probably not
essential, just seemed like a normal thing to do)
2) Sprinkle in the Psyllium while stirring.
3) Let it set. (takes about 15 minutes)
4) Taste and decide if you want to add a flavor or sweetener.
5) Stir your choice in --- Next time do it at step 2.
"Yerba Buena" brand Psyllium Husks is sold at Sun Harvest and H.E.B. for about $8 for 12 oz (68 tablespoons). For additional flavor Agnes likes to add a little lemon juice. Frozen grape concentrate would be a good sweetener (but has a high sugar content). Artificial sweetener works and avoids sugar completely. Also, you can add just about anything (fresh fruit, fruit juice, jalapeno, nopalitos, etc). Just add more psyllium if the mixture gets too watery. For experimenting cut the recipe in half.